01 November 2009

The Pillars of the Earth Comes to Life


For those of you who read Ken Follet's The Pillars of the Earth and wished to see it on the big screen, you'll be in for a little treat! In 2010 (no official date set yet) this mini-series will be created in the style of Showtime's The Tudors, so I assume the show will be premiered on the said network.

The cast includes star performers: Ian McShane as Waleran Bigod, Donald Sutherland as Bartholomew, Mathew MacFadyen as Prior Philip, Hayley Atwell as Aliena, Sarah Perish as Regan Hamleigh, Robert Bathurst as Percy Hamleigh, and David Oakes as William Hamleigh.

The official site is: http://www.the-pillars-of-the-earth.tv/
Click on it for updates and more information to the mini-series.

I started reading the book this time last year and was not so sure about continuing it, because Oprah made a big deal about it and I was starting to find it somewhat overrated. But I have heard other people's opinion of the book and I would prefer to read the book before I see the movie, or in this case the mini-series, so I best pick it up again. Hopefully the series will prove justice to the novel, as I am so often disappointed by "movies based on books."

I am adding the links to the Ken Follet's official site and the Pillars of the Earth site under "Popular Links."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...