22 August 2011

A Master's Student Celebrates Her Favorite Way


So many exciting feats and events this summer. The most important accomplishment is my completion of grad school. I am officially a Master of Education! Boy, does it feel strange to be done with school after 22 years of my life.

I did not want to celebrate with a huge backyard luau party or sit for several hours to walk down an aisle, shake someone's hand and turn a tassel. Been there, done that. I was tired, emotionally and physically drained. (Hence the reason for the lack of blog posts.)

All I wanted was to have a spiked beverage, read a trashy novel, and eat a fat juicy burger. So that is exactly what I did.

As soon as I finished my last class, I went home, brought out a Nora Roberts novel, made myself a amateur mai tai (with POG and rum), and sat on my deck enjoying the sun for the first time this summer.

Following my wonderful afternoon, my dad found this great little diner out Scholls country, down Tile Flat Road, in Hillsboro, called Cruise In Country Diner. The whole place is decorated with 1960s car memorabilia and vintage diner details. All of their food is organic local products. And it was the first time I tried a Pepsi Freeze (my dad said it was just like they used to make when he was a kid living in Riverside).

I couldn't have celebrated a better way. Relaxing, refreshing, and filling.

Since then I have received my Masters degree and my official Teaching Certificate. Now I just need to find a job. But in the meantime, I will continue to enjoy what freedom I have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...