22 August 2011

A Seaside Independence Day

For the first time my beloved boyfriend and I were able to spend the 4th of July together. We spent a wonderful Independence Day watching fireworks on the coast while eating elephant ears and drinking cokes. Here are some pictures.
Kites and pedestrians preparing for the show. The sun is still out and everyone was staking a spot.The beach overflowing with people and tents as the sun sets. The haze was from the hundreds of bonfires.
Maybe it was because of the company I kept or the fact that I have seen very few professional firework displays, but I think the show at Seaside is one of the best ones I have ever seen!

I must confess however, for an hour and a half drive there, it took us four hours to get home. The streets were clogged with cars getting out of the beach town. There was even a time where we sat completely still for a half hour on the same corner, so I got out a lit some of our own fireworks.

Exhausted, we got home at one o'clock in the morning. But one of the best Independence Days I have ever had!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...